Re: Stateless NAT in 2.6 (was Re: UDP Forwarding)

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:18 +0800, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> > >  I would like to find a way to do this with the
> > > CyberGuard devices.  I do not have the option of installing a UDP helper
> > > so I have to do this with iptables or iproute.
> >>

> Trying to understand your problem :-
>
> Why is the option of installing a UDP helper is out ? Is it because
> the can't compile C programs and install any program on these
> cyberguard devices? And you can only write scripts ?

<snip>
Yes, exactly.  They are very small footprint appliances running ucLinux
and I would not want to void any warranties by cross compiling and
adding binaries to the image.  Thanks for such a quick response - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net