Re: slow ftp

What kind of latencies are you observing?  any time one puts a firewall
into the miix, or encryption there is agont to be an increase in latency.
Add state tracking and increase the latency level, add large rules sets,
and increase the latency level, ftp via ssh'ed connections, add latency,
hope from one system to another hitting firewall boundries and adding
ssh'ed connections up the latency level.  Try and connect to a server that
is running with a sysload on the high end, add latency as the remote
server needs to deal with interupts.

The question though is, are the latencies you are observing out of norm?
<see question 1 above>

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

--
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com

...Love is the ultimate outlaw.  It just won't adhere to rules.
The most any of us can do is sign on as it's accomplice.  Instead
of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet.
That would mean that security is out of the question.  The words
"make" and "stay" become inappropriate.  My love for you has no
strings attached.  I love you for free...
                        -Tom Robins <Still Life With Woodpecker>