Re: IPSec through my firewall

On Wed, February 16, 2005 7:46 am, Ola Nilsson said:
> So, going back to my initial question; How can I go about finding out
where my packets are droped? Since it's most likelly not because of any
netfilter rule entry, who else can decide that a packet can not be
NATed?

Sorry, I haven't followed the thread at all.

To answer this question, some malformed, suspicious packets can be dropped
by the netfilter code itself, and even the networking code.

I don't pretend it's your case but anyway, you can patch your kernel with
the dropped-table patch (available from patch-o-matic).

This will let you log dropped packets.

Also, if you're worried about where in your ruleset the packet gets
dropped, use nf-log, raw table, TRACE patches to get a complete packets
traversal logging.

Hope am not way off the subject.

> --
> /Ola Nilsson