Re: Question about POM

Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez wrote:

Are the POM patches only supposed to apply to a particular 2.4.x or 2.6.x? The reason I ask is that the ipsec* patches don't seem to apply cleanly to my 2.6.10 tree.

They are supposed to be for both 2.4 and 2.6, but in my own
experience it works better on newer kernels. Now that Netfilter
doesn't gives you an official pom you can check their snapshots
from the CVS. The last one should be prepared for 2.6.10.

Curious. It was patch-o-matic-ng-20050212.tar.bz2 that I grabbed from the site. There seems to have been a minor reorganisation of some of the files in at least net/ipv4 that prevent the patches applying cleanly. The complete absence of any changelogs in POM doesn't help much :(

Simon