Re: Fwd: Linux as router (Gateway Server)

> hola Josh,

hello list,

> I did a quick test:
> DROP policy on the INPUT chain, and flushed all the rules (as a result i
> couldn't even ping myself)

please refer my rules before quick test[below line from my original
mail's rule set might help you to ping you ping your system ?

-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT

> squid: standart debian/unstable package - unprivilleged user, port 3128.
> the result: squid is able to bind to his port fine, with DROP policy on
> the INPUT chain and no rules at all.

reverting to you all shortly with my detail test.

> regards,
> Georgi Alexandrov

Regards,
Navneet

|Anytime you feel i need to understand |
|a concept before i am eligible to get    |
|an answer i would be happy to know.  |