Re: Fwd: Linux as router (Gateway Server)

>> that has nothing to do with iptables.

This could have everything to do with iptables, depending on his
configuration. If there is a redirector being used, the connection
that a child redirector process makes to the squid daemon can be
affected by iptables rules. The fact that it has difficulty binding to
the assigned port may be due to other errors related to this child
process communication causing the squid process to die before it
finishes starting.

As to trying to bind to a privileged port from an unprevileged
account, he already stated that he's binding to the standard 3128.

>> (ps - google is your friend)

It may do you good to keep that in mind.

> > > Why my iptables rule blocking squid to open HTTP port.

I'm currently searching for the exact information from the squid
documentation, but when I had a similar problem about 6 months ago, I
recall adding rules to the INPUT and possibly OUTPUT chains to accept
traffic coming from the loopback interface to/from the squid (or
possibly redirector) port.

> it isn't.
>
> -j

Jason, please do your homework. You have a good knowledge of
netfilter/iptables but please leave subjects you don't understand to
those who do.

Josh Nerius

--
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]