Re: [OT] New router with NIC (4-port HUB) recommandation

> I am installing a new Router and have some problems with the NIC's,
> because I need to much  :-)
>
> I have 4 ADSL-Modem Router (4 IP's, each 8 MBit/512 kBit) which I
> like to connect to one (!) NIC. Because of lacking place for an
> external HUB/Switch I like to buy a NIC with a 4-port-HUB inside.
>
> Can anyone recommand such 100 MBit NIC ?
> (I do not have very much money curently)

I am currently using an Asound AL500P 4-port PCI hub.  It cost about $13 on
pricewatch.  It has an ADMtek AN983B chipset, and runs with the tulip
driver.  This is a dirt-cheap solution-- a single chipset serving a 4-port
hub.  But it has been working just fine in our home LAN for most of a year
now.

You may also want to ask on comp.os.linux.hardware.