Re: Allow particular website/port

Hi all...particularly Askar,Eric Leblond,Jason Opperisano (which help me)

I have tried to restrict particular website through IPTABLE and its working
file .i have use below rules for that..

Suppose we want to open only www.ndtv.com,www.cnn.com ....then i gave rules as
per below order only...

iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.1.2 -d www.ndtv.com -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.1.2 -d www.cnn.com -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport 80 -j DROP

and my LAN machine(192.168.1.2) can open only www.ndtv.com,www.cnn.com
websites ..not any other..

pl. give yr comments about my rules....is it correct/valid/reliable ..and pl
let me know why u not prefer to use IPTABLES for Allow particular websites.

Waiting for yr replyyyyy..

Thanks
SUhag.