Re: copying conntrack state tables between two machines

On Mon, February 7, 2005 3:32 pm, srg said:
> Hello:
>
> I am thinking about writing a small program in order to "copy" the
> connections table from one machine to another machine.
> The final purpose is configure the second machine as a "backup" machine
> with linux-ha and if the primary fails then the backup will assume the
> traffic WITHOUT LOOSING CONNECTIONS (the purpose is that from the point
> of view of the clients and servers before/after the linux machines do
> NOT need to reestablish the connections they have established before the
> failure).
>
> What do you think that is the best way to do this?

Well, my first guess is you are looking for ct_sync, that's _the_
netfilter-ha currently developped by Kristzian KOVACS and Harald Welte.

Take a look at :
http://svn.netfilter.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/netfilter-ha/

Perhaps you'll get interested in giving some help on there.
(Instead of reinventing the wheel)

> In the other hand... It is possible to do the same with IKE SA & IPSEC
> SA (using pluto + kernel 2.6 built in ipsec) ?

I don't know anything about it.

> Thanks and best regards

Have a good day!

Samuel