RE: Fw: Upgrading kernel 2.4.26 cuts out DNAT --to rules.....!!??

But did they recompile iptables against the correct kernel headers?  The
default compile of iptables will use the old headers that will contain
the old structure that is causing the problems in the first place.
Compile them against the ones that you modified with patch-o-matic.

This got me the first time as well some months ago.

Gary Smith