Re: NAT with REDIRECT #$%@ up...

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 07:14, Lennart A. Hansen wrote:
> Hey ppl..
>
> I have of cause searched before posting, but havent found anything
> simmilar..
>
> Short story is that i want to redirect proxy request to host1:9001 to
> host2:3128, host2 is a bridge i'm on eth1 and host1 is on eth0
>
> My intenstion is to catch all request to host1:9001 and redirect them to
> host2:3128.
>
> iptables command:
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br0 -p tcp --dport 8080 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 3128
>
> This worked at first, but stopped working just like that..
>
> I have sniffed on it, and attached it here.. 12kb Ethercap format
>
> It looks really fucked up, check sum error and so on...
>
> Anyone have any idea why it's fucking up?

according to packet 6 in your capture, your proxy requires
authentication.  you cannot combine authentication and transparent
proxying; which will makes perfect sense if you think about it long
enough.

as far as the checksum errors go--do you have an IP bound to br0?

-j

PS - amongst my friends i have a mouth like a sailor, but i don't see
how it's appropriate to set a subject line as you did, no matter how
frustrated you may be.

--
"I've added an extra ingredient just for you.  The merciless peppers
 of Quetzlzacatenango!  Grown deep in the jungle primeval by the