Re: -j ULOG

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Mohammad Khan wrote:

How this source is related to iptables?
I already have iptables installed. and my iptables does not through any
error for -j ULOG. I haven't installed ulogd yet. So, where are my log
going?

into nirvana.
sloppy said -j ULOG throws the packets in the direction of userspace, and there is nothing (i.e. no ulogd) picking them up.

Do I need to install ulogd to write log to mysql database?

yes

c'ya
sven

--

The Internet treats censorship as a routing problem, and routes around it.
(John Gilmore on http://www.cygnus.com/~gnu/)