Re: myfirewall help

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 09:36, Eric Ellis wrote:
> Jason:
>
> He has a squid proxy on the other side. :)  3128 is the default for squid.

really?  wow--i didn't know that.

web servers listen on tcp port 80 by default.
squid listens on tcp port 3128 by default.
none of this is new to anyone (hopefully).

now i ask again--explain to me what communication pattern results in a
TCP packet with a source port of 80 and a destination port of 3128.

i would prefer that you provide tcpdump output as part of the reply as
well.

-j

ps--i understand that it's inevitable that eventually a client machine
will use a source port of 3128 when connecting to a web server, and the
reply packets from the web server to the client will actually match this
pattern:  sport=80 dport=3128.  if this is the case that the OP was
trying to account for--then i retract all my posts in this thread.

--
"I've added an extra ingredient just for you.  The merciless peppers
 of Quetzlzacatenango!  Grown deep in the jungle primeval by the