Re: ip + mac authentication

--- George Alexandru Dragoi <waruiinu@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> You can make a file with pairs of <ip> <mac> and
> load it with arp -f ,
> or man ethers then you can make firewall rules based
> on ips only, of
> course don;t forget to drop traffic in FORWARD which
> not match your
> clients's source ip.

Thank you! I didnt know about the /etc/ethers file. Is
it possible to assign two ips for a single mac in that
file and a single ip for two macs ?

e.g.   ip1   <mac1>
       ip2   <mac1>

and
       ip3   <mac2>
       ip3   <mac3>

Besides, if i leave out some of the clients from the
/etc/ethers file (I dont know all mac addresses right
now) , will it create problems for those who are not
included ?

Thanks and regards,
jim