preserving fwmarks through KLIPS

Hello,

I am trying to classify ipsec and non-ipsec traffic on the external
interface of my box. I plan to use fwmarks in iptables, and then rely on
those for queueing classification on the external interface.

My question is, if I mark a packet before it is encrypted by KLIPS in
FreeS/WAN, when it is re-injected with a new IP header, will that fwmark
be maintained?

Looking here:

http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html#MARKTARGET

it is not clear. I'm going to do some testing but I was hoping that
someone might have a definitive answer.

I am using kernel 2.4.21.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier@xxxxxxxxx>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Corporation