iptables with irc and auth

Hello,

I am trying to configure iptables so that when I connect to IRC on port
6667 it will allow the auth connection back on 113 from that IP address.

I have both inbound and outbound rules on the system. When I try any of
the state information it wont work. Im guessing thats because the iptables
config cant see that its a related connection. Is there any way that I can
setup iptables so that it will allow AUTH only if im connected on port
6667 to that same IP?

thanks

Jimmy.