Re: [Fwd: Server machines behind Firewall]

"R. DuFresne" wrote:

> > > um--it allows the packet through the FORWARD chain of the filter table.
> > > remember--you're trying to build a firewall here.
> >
> > So, must I enable this kind of function for using the Firewall ?
> >

> unless the firewall(ed) system is a stand alone <no other ststems on the
> network> then yes, if you wish to forward or pass traffic to the internet
> and the other systems.?A stand alone box with a firewall can get by with
> just input and output rules.

Actually, there is only one machine for me to setup a system ( network ) for
Internet...
So, I'm planning the following functions with a single machine :
Firewall + Internet Server ( eg : DNS, WWW, Mail , FTP behind Firewall ) + NAT
( for other PCs / Clients connect to Internet ).

PS : There are TWO Network Interface with the single machine ( I think one port
connect with leased line / boardband, another one port with HUB to other
Clients )

Is there a sample nat scripts for using the multi-functions ?

Edward.