Re: transparent bridge troubles?

Well I did this and I guess I have a firewall problem which I guess is the good news and the right user group.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Opperisano" <opie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: transparent bridge troubles?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:01:47PM -0500, mdpeters wrote:
Both host and target have no information about the bridge | firewall in the
middle.

the arp caches of hosts on either side of the firewall should have entries for hosts on the other side though. try and ping from a host on one side of the firewall to a host on the other side of the firewall. after the ping, type "arp -an" on the host you pinged from; if you don't have an entry for the host you pinged--you have a bridge problem. if you do have an arp entry, but the ping didn't work--you have a firewall problem.

-j

--
"English - Who needs that? I'm never going to England!"
       --The Simpsons