Re: transparent bridge troubles?

I only get the two entries and that is it? Should I not see many many lines showing everything I try to put through the bridge?

Does this indicate that the Snort-inline is broken in that QUEUE userspace or could this be something wrong with another component of this whole thing?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Opperisano" <opie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2005 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: transparent bridge troubles?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 03:55:58PM -0500, mdpeters wrote:
OK. This is what I have loaded now.

/usr/local/sbin/iptables -P FORWARD DROP
/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -j LOG --log-prefix
/var/iptablequeue/pre_queue
/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --syn -m state --state NEW -j
QUEUE
/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -m state --state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j QUEUE
/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -p udp -j QUEUE
/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -p icmp -j QUEUE
/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -j LOG --log-prefix
/var/iptablequeue/post_queue

I should see some sort of log file in /var/iptablequeue/post_queue or
/var/iptablequeue/pre_queue now? Should I try sending packets through the
bridge to generate something?

uh--no. those rules might not even load. "--log-prefix" specifies a string to prefix the log entries in your syslog files. my rules were literal:

/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -j LOG --log-prefix "PRE QUEUE: "

/usr/local/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -j LOG --log-prefix "POST QUEUE: "

so the entries in /var/log/messages will have the strings "PRE QUEUE: "
and "POST QUEUE: " in them for identification purposes.

-j

--
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is,
never try."