Re: Guaranteeing bandwidth through netfilter-based router?

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 08:48 +0000, Gavin Hamill wrote:
> Interesting stuff - I didn't know the kernel itself would prioritise packets
> simply by having these bits set, I thought they only existed so that some
> upstream router / ISP could manage them.

Well, they're technically the same mechanism. The default queue on all
interfaces is a prio queue that respects TOS. prio does not guarantee
bandwidth however, as the original poster asked for. To do that in an
adaptive way, I recommend changing the default queues to HTB queues. See
the aforementioned advanced routing howto.

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier@xxxxxxxxx>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Corporation