Re: Who is connected to network

El miÃ, 05 de 01 de 2005 a las 08:10, it clown escribiÃ:
> Is there a way to see who is connected to your network.
>
> Say if you have a wireless network and you need to know if
> someone got it right to get onto your network.
>
> How do you monitor that and how do you prevent it?
>
> Even on a normal network how could you monitor who is
> connected to your network?

You can always use a radius server to authentificate the
users and it will give you who is connected to the network.
The most obvious option for this is Freeradius, it's a little
complicate to make it run but it's very useful further.

Another option is using ntop, that can show you the machines
connected to the network.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC