Re: broadcasts to other network?

primero@xxxxxxxxxxx schreef:

> Frans Luteijn wrote:

> >But no packets went out, at least that I couldn't see after adding a
> >LOG-rule at OUTPUT and FORWARD.
> >
> >Is there an easy way to solve this or do I need a relaying-program (like
> >dhcp)?
> >
> >Greetings,
> >

> The easiest way, IMHO, is using an UDP-Relay ... i mean, what is more
> simple then a little daemon running smoothly ? ;)
>
> A better and not easy way would be bridging the interface to the
> internal lan with the interface to the router using the same network
> class. This way broadcasts would pass normally from one side of the
> firewall to the other one, you could as well filter traffic beetween the
> two interfaces.
>
> I would choose the latter ;)
> bye
> primeroz

I want to choose the former. I am offering  my ADSL to my house-mates
via a
wireless lan connected to my firewall with a fourth interface (not drawn
in
my first mail) and I don't want thost users on my private-net (it can be
filtered out, but why doing it the hard way?).
Does someone know a program, that can relay udp-broadcasts?

Greetings,
--
Frans Luteijn
PGP PblKey fprnt=C4 87 CE AF BC B6 98 C1  EF 42 A1 9A E2 C0 42 5B