Re: broadcasts to other network?

Frans Luteijn wrote:

But no packets went out, at least that I couldn't see after adding a
LOG-rule at OUTPUT and FORWARD.

Is there an easy way to solve this or do I need a relaying-program (like
dhcp)?

Greetings,

The easiest way, IMHO, is using an UDP-Relay ... i mean, what is more simple then a little daemon running smoothly ? ;)

A better and not easy way would be bridging the interface to the internal lan with the interface to the router using the same network class. This way broadcasts would pass normally from one side of the firewall to the other one, you could as well filter traffic beetween the two interfaces.

I would choose the latter ;)
bye
primeroz