Re: mails not coming thru'

Varun Pabrai wrote:

Then I added rules using packet filtering for sending and recieving mails as follows :

accept if network protocol is TCP and destination port is 110

add: accept if network protocol is TCP and source port is 110

accept if network protocol is TCP and destination port is 25

add: accept if network protocol is TCP and source port is 25

saved and applied configuration and rebooted.

But I am not able to send or recieve mails on client machines. Why ?

What happens is (I guess) your mailserver receives the packet, but when
answering, it gets dropped because the source port is now 25.

Same thing for your POP server.

Anybody has any idea please help.

HTH,

Samuel