bridge conflicting subnets together using NETMAP

I was wondering if it is possible to bridge two conflicting subnets with the NETMAP rule in such a way that they don't conflict? The problem I am trying to solve is our lan uses 192.168.0.0/255.255.192.0 and sometimes users establish a bridged vpn connection from their own lan which is very often 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0. My thought was that if there is someway to use the NETMAP rule to make both lans think they are talking to a virtual address space that does not conflict with anything, then everybody would be happy. Has anyone already done something like this? Any examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Michael