Re: protocol 50 unreachable

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 22:29, Helge Weissig wrote:
> my bad... when I obfuscated my script, I should have used "$EXT_IP" or
> something like it. That IP and the VPN server's are very similar.

ok...

> JO> try and connect with your VPN client to your VPN server with that
> JO> script.  if you can't connect--it's more likely an IPSec configuration
> JO> detail that your missing.
>
> no such luck :(. I should note that the VPN connections works fine when I
> hook the client up directly to my DSL line. btw - it looks like your
> script does not forward anything from one of my interfaces to the other.

yeah--precisely.  you seem obsessed with the desire to "port forward"
esp traffic to your VPN client, which is absolutely not necessary.

look into configuring NAT-T with your VPN client, sometimes called "UDP
Encapsulation" as your VPN server appears unwilling to accept esp
packets that have traversed an intermediate NAT device.

-j

--
"Mmmm...free goo."
	--The Simpsons