Possible problem with FTP ALG

Hi folks,

I am running Linux 2.4.20 on my router with LAN IP FILTER rules as -

Allow from LAN to WAN on port 21
Deny all from LAN to WAN

Now, when I ftp to a machine on the WAN Only the control connection
opens ( Login is fine), but the data connection does not open. The
machine freezes when I do an "ls".. I am using passive ftp here.

When I put printk's in the code, the expected is added, the CT is formed
and NF_DROP does get called at any stage

Kindly Help!!!

Regards
--
Ashutosh Naik