Re: I need a clever solution for two Bittorrent machines behind a firewall

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 10:03:33AM -0700, Brad Morgan wrote:
> I'm using a Linux firewall with IPTables as my home firewall.  Both my son
> and I are gamers and my son actually has a couple of machines so he and his
> friends can game together.
>
> Blizzard's new World of Warcraft uses a custom Bittorrent for their patches
> and it looks like both my son and I will be playing this one.  At the
> moment, I manually switch the target computer before going online (we only
> had one login during the open beta) but since you don't know until you login
> if there's a patch and we may buy two copies for simultaneous use, I'd like
> to figure out how a clever way to switch the target machine "on the fly" so
> we both take advantage of the increased download speed of a cooperating
> Bittorrent client.  I've experienced the speed difference because our first
> install didn't have any ports open and it was SLOW (over an hour).  The
> second install took maybe 10 minutes to download patches with the proper
> ports open and forwarded.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?  Pointers to solutions or other places to ask
> the question will be gladly accepted.

i suppose it depends on the flexibility of the bittorrent client.  the
one i use has the option to specify my "incoming TCP listen port."
so each machine behind the firewall just needs to specify a different
port, and you can forward accordingly.

i'm not familiar with the game your talking about or how it implements
its BT client.

-j

--
"The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your
 mother! I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from