Stateful filtering for IPv6?

Hi,

I thought this question would be a FAQ, but I could not find it answered
on http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/FAQ/netfilter-faq.html.
Currently, only stateless filtering is available for IPv6. Hence, I'd
like to know what the status of stateful filtering for IPv6 is. Is it
some work in progress? Is it supposed to be a very complex task? Is it
thought to be impossible for some reason?

I'd love to switch to IPv6, but a good firewall would be a requirement,
and I'm very happy with netfilter for IPv4.

Thanks,

Nicolas