[libipq] local connections problem

Hi, i'm using libipq to develop a small application that blocks
connections from/to hosts if they are in a "black" list. It works fine
for outgoing and incoming traffic but when i try to connect to
localhost or loopback (for ex: ftp 127.0.0.1 or using localhost ip) it
refuses to connect giving a "Connection reset by peer" error. If i try
to connect to a non-opened port it correctly says "Connection
refused".
This is how i QUEUE packets to my app:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -j QUEUE
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW -j QUEUE

The only way to make local connections work again is to explicitly
ACCEPT them (before QUEUE'ing them) with:
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s 127.0.0.1 -d 127.0.0.1 -j ACCEPT

Chains policy is set to ACCEPT.

I repeat that all the other traffic works fine. I don't understand why
i have to do that, any suggestions?

Enrico