From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jose Maria Lopez
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2004 2:00 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: iptables script file

El jue, 28 de 10 de 2004 a las 17:05, Jason Opperisano escribió:
> so, the upshot is this--if your ruleset is sufficiently large to make
> the inefficiency of scripted "iptables" commands a problem--you'll need
> to use "iptables-restore" to load your rules.  once you get the hang of
> it, it really isn't that hard to just edit the "iptables-restore" file
> format (even though this isn't "recommended").

Don't know why everybody talks about the problem of editing the
iptables-save file. You don't need to do it. You just save the script
that generates the iptables-save rules and you edit it when you need
it, then you generate the rules and do a new iptables-save. No problem
here.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC