Re: Restrict LAN users to send mail to Internet but allow to send mail to other LAN user.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 08:35:41AM -0700, ads nat wrote:
> I tried to find out sendmail solution for the problem
> but could not find any article or mailing list topic
> for the subject. Can you please guide me how to use
> sendmail to only allow certain LAN users to send mail
> to outside world and others will be rstricted to LAN
> users onle.
> Thanks for support.

i dunno...possibly a sendmail list?

go to:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

click on the 'sendmail' list.

search the bodies for what you want (i typed "restrict user send")

it took me about 4 seconds to find a link to:

  http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/restrict.html

which details:  "This example ruleset restricts local users from sending
mail to external recipients."

*_man_* do i need some coffee...

-j

--