Re: mark feature not working as expected

Hi Victor,  Everybody,

After committing too many errors while composing messages, I ran the rules from the command line and the problem fixed. The problem was that I shouldn't have used the output interface name in mangle's PREROUTING chain. i.e., I should have used

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -d 192.168.0.0/24 -j MARK --set-mark 1

I have been running these commands from a script and it didn't show the error messages. That's why I have disturbed all of you.

Thanks & Regards
Sudheer

Victor Julien wrote:

Hi Sudheer,

As far as i know you can only use --set-mark in the mangle table. You are
trying to use it in the nat table.

Try:
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -o eth2 -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -o eth0 -j MARK --set-mark 1

Regards,
Victor