RE: OT - rule based system for a fire wall

all,

	good idea, but not original thought cisco and  other
	firewall pros have  been  doing reflexive acl and other
	stateful related thingsz awhile now.

	q&a,,,

	what are the correct rules?

	wouldn't  those be security policy and as such cnt be canned
	by a vendor.

	netsec is always a work in progress and IMHO anything that starts
	to point to a 'set it and forget it' mind set is dangerous to
	a firms information assurance efforts.

~piranha

riginal Message-----