Re: OT - rule based system for a fire wall

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 18:16, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> - Is there such a thing out there? if the propser won't
>   part with any more details, what kind of gusses can be
>   made?
>
>   1. Rule-system can interact with a user and then insert
>      rules in the firewall -- I think this has already been
>      accomplished??

Better things can be done. The NuFW system based on Netfilter allow you
to define policy based on user. You're even able to define policies such
as :

"John can connect to internet website if he uses Firefox on windows XP
SP2"

More informations at :
	http://www.nufw.org/
BR,