firewall rules for subinterfaces

Hey,

Is there a way to add firewall rules for subinterfaces?  I'm
trying to do the equivalent of:

  eth0   Intel Pro 10/100
    eth0:0   192.168.1.1
    eth0:1   192.168.2.1

  iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -i eth0:0 -j DENY
  iptables -A INPUT -p icmp -i eth0:1 -j ACCEPT

When I try to do this at the command line, iptables spits back
an error about how colons (:) are not allowed in the interface
name.  That brings up the interesting question of how to do this
whole thing ...

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

chris
--
http://headnut.org