Blocking forwarding of packets in WLAN

Hello you ppl,

I am a real newbie to iptables/ipchains/netfilter issues, so please if any of you can help me, please consider my illetteracy.
I have a really simple question for which I did not find an answer browsing the website.

If I understood correctly there are no C APIs to iptables and this leads me to troubles: I am writing a linux daemon that monitors network traffic and does something when some conditions occur. I work with mobile ad-hoc networks where each node acts as a relay for other nodes traffic, so the background are WLANs.
I need to write a C function that blocks forwarding of packets that come from a given node of the network, identified by its MAC address.

Prototype for my function is then:

void block_forwarding(char * MAC_address);

Is this feasible someway using iptables? Can anyone give me a precise hint on how to do that? I would be truly grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks

Claudio