Re: masquerade

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 12:41, Janos Makadi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I`m absoulte newbie to netfilter, but last year I set up my debian
> firewall. I tought it`s configuration is correct, but yesterday I found
> http://audiymypc.com which shows my real ip address which I wanted to
> hide. It shows the correct address too, but it seems my real local
> address is visible on the internet somehow.

disable java in your web browser and re-run the test--they won't be able
to find your real IP address anymore.  they're probably either using
this code directly, or a similar technique:

  http://reglos.de/myaddress/MyAddress.html

none of this has anything to do with the configuration of your firewall.

-j

--
Jason Opperisano <opie@xxxxxxxxxxx>