Re: [ANNOUNCE] Proceedings of Netfilter Developer Workshop 2004

Harald Welte wrote:
Hi!

I finally finished writing up the proceedings of the 2004 Netfilter
Developer Workshop, based on the notes taken by various attendees.

They are available in DocBook XML, HTML, Postscript, PDF and ASCII
Versions at
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/index.html#documentation-events

For your convenience, the ASCII version is attached to this email.

Is there more publishing on Rober Olsson's benchmarks and findings. We are doing various testing here and while the numbers look similar, I would like to get an established testing methodology so that we can confirm/help results from baseline tests.

Our next line of testing is to find out which network cards will give us the best bang for the buck on 10 gig testing. We currently have 300kpps at 1 gig (E1000 + 2.4.2x kernel) but not sure if we are reaching the limitations of the E1000 fibre optics or the PCI-X bus.

--
Stephen John Smoogen	        | CCN-5 Security Team
LANL SIRT Team Leader           | SMTP:  smoogen@xxxxxxxx