Re: iptables + squid

On Sun, 2004-09-26 at 01:35, it clown wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to run squid on the same box as iptables.I need to
> setup the client pc's that they have to go through the
> proxy to get to the internet... port 3128.They must not be
> able to by pass the proxy to get internet access.What rule
> do i need to add to iptables to only allow squid to have
> internet access?
>
> I want to give the clients internet access through squid,
> thanks.
>
> Regards
> For super low premiums ,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote

# allow clients to connect to squid proxy
iptables -A INPUT -i $INSIDE_IF -p tcp --syn --dport 3128 -j ACCEPT

# allow squid to fetch web content
iptables -A OUTPUT -o $OUTSIDE_IF -p tcp --syn --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

of course--this assumes that you do not allow clients through the
FORWARD chain on port 80.

-j

disclaimer:  the rules contained in this message are meant to illustrate
the requested functionality only, and not intended as a recommendation
of best practices.  never execute any commands without fully
understanding the implications.

--
Jason Opperisano <opie@xxxxxxxxxxx>