Re: forged DCC command

On September 25, 2004 04:06 am, Linux Query wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I got this message on my linux router (RedHat 9)
>
> >>Forged DCC command from x.x.x.x: y.y.y.y:1024
>
> where x.x.x.x is the ip address of an internal pc
> and y.y.y.y is my public ip
>
> Can anybody please tell me what it means and if I
> should block the particular internal pc .

	It means that one of your internal pc clients is attempting a DCC send/expect
and is misconfigured.  The internal client is using your external IP address.
Since you (from the message) have the contrack/nat for irc loaded, they are
calling this forged.  Reconfigure the client to use its own internal ip NOT
the ip it gets told it has from the server.  I believe that both MIRC and
Oskar Andreasson have my original, detailed instructions on how to do this on
their sites.

Alistair Tonner