Re: Blocking Netranges Based on IP-to-Country CSV

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 12:01:11 +0100, Nick Drage <nickd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 12:09:53PM +0300, Mohamed Eldesoky wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Depends how you use the information.  And to be honest considering the
> > > reputation of some sources of traffic, such as Korea and South America,
> > > which might be unlikely to have legitimate connections to your site, it
> > > would be handy to block them all.
> >
> > I don't like this reason at all, but let me agree with you temporarily.
> > What if a client with good reputation "ie, from your country :-)" is
> > spending his vacation in South America, and wanted to check something
> > in your website ??
>
> Then don't reject packets according to country :)

I am against the idea of rejecting based on the country.
It reminds me of that domain registration site that rejected all of
our credit cards, because they don't like that region. F**k'm, we are
dealing with other registrars :-)

--
Mohamed Eldesoky
www.eldesoky.net