What to do to protet our send from the attacks which is caused by worms?

Hi,

What to do to protet our send from the attacks which is caused by worms in
Microsoft XP OS of our users? Our user may have worms in their system & it
causes that our send go up & up that our send is going upper than which we
have to use. for example if we can send 64Kb/s their worm cause our send go
upper than this. These worms would cause our network work too bad. I mean
the other user which doesn't have worm, can't work properly.
Hope you understand our problem. Now I want to use a software or command in
my Linux server which contain squid to protect our send not to go up because
 of the worm of our users.
I think we can protect it by iptables but I don't know how should I do this?
So wanted to intall smoothwall to help me. Now I understand that it can't
help me.
what's you opinion & how should I do that?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mehdi