Re: Problems Compiling userspace NF_QUEUE handler

Well, this will be like the blind leading the blind here, but... this site was
helpful to me: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7184 (although it
didn't address the NF_QUEUE issues that I needed to know about).  My end goal
here, by the way, is to introduce artificial delay in all outgoing packets to
simulate a slow link, so I don't need to do any mangling of anything, so I
didn't look into that very much.

I have noticed too that the documentation for netfilter seems to
be...um...scattered a little, and not exactly complete.  Maybe I'm just looking
in the wrong places.  But a good page with a simple description of what the
absolute basic necessities are would be nice (kernel_module.c & userspace.c
files, for example, including dependencies on, say, libipq).
- Joe

> Hi,
>
> I couldnt help replying to this message, although it is not really to offer any
help but to ask for help myself...

> I am currently trying to implement a kernel module that does some packet
mangling and all I can say is that I'm really lost in some issues.

> Could you please point out some references?
> Maybe there are some code snippets/examples of how to read things off the packet
header (like source/destination port)?