Bridge + iptables + REJECT

Hi, I read all messages sent to list about topics like this, but none
of them solved my doubt.
I want to do a stealth firewall, a firewall in a bridge which an
mallicious client can´t find it.

This is the idea:
When a packet arrive at the bridge (from de outside) if the rules of
iptables/ebtables permit it continue, ok. If not, the bridge should
reply with packages with the client´s ip and rejecting these packages.
The problem is I tried use "-j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset" for
example, but the bridge seems to can not reply that packages.
At begining I thought it was cause haven´t the bridge ip, it couldn´t
send packages back, but I read in
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=4073001&forum_id=8573
that it is possible.
I recompile kernel and tried anything I believe could be the erlevant,
but nothing.
Can anyone tell me what could be!?

I´m using Slackware 9.1 with kernel 2.6.8.1, but I tried with 2.4.22
and didn´t work either...

[]´s!