Re: bind 9 and iptables

Hi Again,

Damn it still not working why i said it was working was was
because of cached ip's as soon as i tried to access a site
that hasn't been cached it would give me a unknown host
error.

iptables -P INPUT DROP
iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
iptables -P FORWARD DROP

iptables -A INPUT -p udp -i eth0 -s 192.168.0/24 -d
192.168.0.1 --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -i eth0 -s 192.168.0/24 -d
192.168.0.1 --dport 53 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT

iptables -I INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -I OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o ppp0 -p tcp -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o ppp0 -p udp -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
ACCEPT

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

Thats my rules im trying to get dns to work atm.

When i comment these out everything works fine:

#iptables -P INPUT DROP
#iptables -P OUTPUT DROP

For super low premiums ,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote