Re: 'recent' module HOWTO

Hi,
The problem has been solved. When I set the rules like this, it worked as expected (i.e., it accepted an icmp echo request, then rejected icmp echo requests for 10 seconds, ...). Earlier it were rejecting ALL icmp-echo requests. My question is this the correct usage of this module?

iptables -A INPUT -m recent -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request --update

iptables -A INPUT -m recent -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request --rcheck --seconds 10 -j REJECT

iptables -A INPUT -m recent -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request --set

Thanks everybody,
Sudheer.