Re: 'recent' module HOWTO

http://snowman.net/projects/ipt_recent/

> To test the recent module, I've given the following commands and pinged
> to my machine from another one.  But I got the reply 'Destination port
> Unreachable'.  What is wrong in it?

There's nothing wrong with that.  You did specify to REJECT packets, which
means that you can send back an ICMP error of your choice.

I guess 'Destination port Unreachable' is the default one.

> iptables -F
>
> iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
>
> iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
>
> iptables -A INPUT -m recent -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request --update
> --seconds 10 -j REJECT
>
> iptables -A INPUT -m recent -p icmp --icmp-type echo-request --set -j
> ACCEPT

However, you should be able to get a single ping reply before being
rejected. Is that what happen ?

> Kind Regards,
> Sudheer

Hope this helps.