Re: Masquarede stalls?

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 11:35 pm, Alistair Tonner wrote:

> On August 10, 2004 04:24 pm, Meszaros Gergely wrote:
> > Thank you  ! It wooorks !
> >
> > That clamp-mss magic worked for me, so I consider myself lucky. ^^
> >
> > >   iptables -I FORWARD -i $INTERNAL_IF -p tcp --syn -j TCPMSS
> > > --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
> >
> > Great!
> >
> > If it would be in the mangle table, i would dare to say i understand what
> > it does, but this case ... how can it send a larger packet in a smaller
> > one? magic :)
> >
> > I tried Anthony's mangle version also but something must be missing here
> > to make it work: iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o EXTIF -j TCPMSS
> > --clamp-mss-to-mtu iptables v1.2.9: Unknown arg `--clamp-mss-to-mtu'
> > Mabbe modules? Or I misspelled it?
>
> 	Nope, we're missing a p there
> iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -O ${EXTINF} -j TCPMSS
> --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
>
> 	whoopsy.

Yes, sorry about that :)   I should be more careful when typing the really
weird netfilter options.

Antony.

--
"I don't mind that he got rich, but I do mind that he peddles himself as the
ultimate hacker and God's own gift to technology when his track record

 - Eric S Raymond, about Bill Gates

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.