Re: TOS benefits

* Askar Ali Khan <askarali@xxxxxxxxx> 10. Aug 04:
> hi all,

Hello,

> [snip] I just want to know im doing the below on our company firewall,
> that Type of Service bit things.  My question is that
> 1) Is this beneficial for protocol like MSN and yahoo?

You should ask you ISP.  It's a question to the routers between you and
the servers you connect to.  They have to look at the TOS-field and make
their routing-decision depend on this.  It could be used in some kind of
QoS to decide how to queue pakets.  From my experience most routers
ignore the TOS, but take a closer look to the amount of money the
customer pays and route in a linear dependence to this.  (YMMV)

HTH,
 regards, Frank.
--
Sigmentation fault